On Air Now Steve Priestley 10:00am - 3:00pm

Family left homeless after shed fire spreads to two houses in Colchester

A house in Regent's Close in Colchester been badly fire and smoke damaged after a fire which started in two sheds on the property spread.

Firefighters from Colchester and Clacton were called to the fire on Regent's Close just after 2pm on Saturday 1st February.

Crews reported two sheds were 100% aligth on arrival and the fire had spread to the resident's house and the house next door.

Essex Fire and Rescue says the fire was extinguished by 3.20pm.

The resident's home was left unihabitable, the neighbour's house also suffered some fire and smoke damage.

The cause of the fire has been confirmed as accidental.

More from Local News

Download the Dream 100 app

Head to your app store and listen live to Dream 100, get the latest news, local traffic info and more.

  • Available on the App Store
  • Available on Google Play

Listener Club

Get more with the Listener Club!

Dream 100 Weather
Clacton-On-Sea Light rain Max:10°C Min:3°C