On Air Now Chris Marston 1:00am - 6:00am
Recently Played
Roxette It Must Have Been Love Download

Trio jailed for 71 years following Marks Tey stabbing

Donald Adu, 25, has been sentenced to 26 years for the attack (Essex Police).

Two men and a teenager have been sentenced for the attempted murder of a man in the village.

A man in his 40s suffered life-changing injuries as a result of the attack in Mandeville Road shortly before 10.30pm on 31st October 2018.

The victim had gone to the area after being called from a number he didn't recognise by someone who introduced themselves as 'Rico' and claimed to be a friend of someone the victim knew.

When he arrived in Mandeville Road he approached three men and began talking to one of them, later identified as 25-year-old Donald Adu, and was stabbed in the back.

He tried to get away, banging on the door of a nearby property, when the attackers caught up to him and stabbed him several more times.

They then got into a car and drove off.

Emergency services were called by the resident of the property he knocked on.

Marks Tey attempted murder (ESSEX POLICE)
Calvin Armstrong, 22, has been sentenced to 26 years (Essex Police).

CCTV footage showed the car, a Volkswagen Passat, driving in Mandeville Road, and the three men walking down an alley who were shortly followed by the victim.

The footage then showed the victim trying to escape and being chased by the males with knives.

As a result of what police have called extensive investigations, the men were identified as Donald Adu, of Howard Road in London, 22-year-old Calvin Armstrong, of Westbury Road in Barking, and 16-year-old Ermias Yohannes of Eagle Drive in Colchester.

At the sentencing hearing the judge lifted reporting restrictions on Yohannes' identity.

All three attackers denied attempted murder but were found guilty following a trial at Ipswich Crown Court on 21st October.

Marks Tey attempted murder (ESSEX POLICE)
16-year-old Ermias Yohannes from Colchester will serve 19 years in prison (Essex Police).

Today, 29th November, Adu and Armstrong were sentenced to 26 years where they will spend half in prison and half on licence.

Meanwhile, Yohannes was given 19 years in prison and told he will have to serve two thirds of his sentence before being eligible for parole as he is deemed a dangerous offender.

Investigating officer Detective Constable Mike Heslegrave, from Colchester CID, said: "This was a sustained and furious attack by a group of people who intended to kill the victim.

"Adu, Armstrong and Yohannes have not shown any remorse for the attack or the impact it has had on the victim’s life.

"The reality is the attack could have had a fatal outcome. They are dangerous individuals and Essex is no doubt a safer place with them in prison.

"I want to praise the actions of the members of the public who assisted the victim. Their actions helped to save his life."

More from Local News

Download the Dream 100 app

Head to your app store and listen live to Dream 100, get the latest news, local traffic info and more.

  • Available on the App Store
  • Available on Google Play

Listener Club

Get more with the Listener Club!

Dream 100 Weather
Clacton-On-Sea Sunny Max:16°C Min:11°C